Problem: So you run the spell checker via the command “spell” and this is what you get.
The spell checker uses the dictionary DCT files found in the program files support folder of the product. AutoCAD engine locates these files using the path info to this location found in the Support File Search Path under the Files tab of options dialog box. The problem is, for a multitude of reasons, you are missing this path.
Solution: Add the path. Here’s how:
1. Open options and switch to Files tabSee the following image.
2. Click on Support File Search Path
3. Click on the Add button and add the following path:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013\Support
4. Finally, it is a good idea to move this path to the top giving it the highest search priority using Move Up button shown by the arrow above.
Note: The above path is for Civil 3D 2013. The path may vary as per the product you own. For example,
- Civil 3D 2012, use C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\Support
- AutoCAD 2013, use C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\Support
- AutoCAD 2012, C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012\Support
- Map 3D 2013, C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2013\Support
- Map 3D 2012, C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2012\Support
Ideate Infrastructure Solutions Application Specialist
Gaurav is a well rounded Application Engineer and Project Manager for Infrastructure Solutions at Ideate based out of San Francisco. He has over 15 years experience in construction industry and has been helping numerous small, medium and ENR 500 firms maximize their CAD investment for the last ten years. Gaurav is an Autodesk Certified Instructor and Autodesk Civil 3D Implementation Certified Expert. He has taught at several conferences, CAD Camps and Autodesk University. He has taught AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Land Desktop and Map 3D to thousands of students and helps Ideate develop the Infrastructure Services curriculum and courses. With his extensive CAD technology background he helps Bay Area engineering and surveying firms analyze and improve their design and drawing production process thereby improving productivity and the bottom line. Follow Gaurav on Twitter: @BeGeez
Get it. Know it. Use it.